Police have formally charged one of their own with illegal possession of a firearm and unlawful possession of nine rounds of ammunition.
The officer, 29-year-old Undwyn Jean-Baptiste of West Road, Warrens, St Michael, is expected to appear at the District A Magistrates’ Court this morning to answer the charges.
A police statement this morning informed that, “On 24th May 2015, members of the Drug Squad executed a search warrant at the residence of Jean-Baptiste, who is currently on suspension from duty, and the firearm and ammunition were discovered and seized.”
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App