A police officer was reportedly in critical condition and had to be rushed to surgery after he was stabbed in the upper body by an unknown assailant.
The incident occurred in the City on Thursday night.
When contacted, police spokesman David Welch confirmed the incident but said he could provide no further details at this time.
- VENEZUELA - Soldiers abandon posts at Colombia border
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- Mobile App