Lawmen are on the hunt for a man who attempted to rob the Western Union branch in Hastings this afternoon.
According to police spokesman David Welch, the perpetrator, who was masked at the time entered the establishment around 12 30 p.m., but was unsuccessful.
It is also believed that he was armed with a gun.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact the police emergency at telephone number 211, the nearest police station or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIPS (8477).
- VENEZUELA - Soldiers abandon posts at Colombia border
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- Mobile App