Effective midnight tonight the retail price of gasoline, diesel and kerosene will increase.
According to a statement from the Division of Energy, the price of gasoline will move from $3.08 per litre to $3.19 per litre, while the price of diesel will increase by four cents from $2.31 per litre to $2.35 per litre.
The price of kerosene will now be $1.28, up from $1.18.
Meanwhile, the price of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) has also risen from $159.51 per 100 lb. cylinder to $162.20 per 100 lb. cylinder.
The 25 lb. cylinder will increase by 67cents from $44.98 to $45.65, while the 22 lb. cylinder will move from $39.74 to $40.34. There will be a 54 cents increase on the 20 lb. cylinder which will now retail for $36.67.
These adjustments in retail prices are due solely to changes in the CIF (cost, insurance, freight) of these refined products.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App