Four members of a Christ Church family had to be taken to hospital by ambulance today following a serious vehicular accident at Kingsland, Christ Church.
The four — including an elderly couple, their daughter and their 18-month-old grandson — were passengers in a Toyota Belta motor car, which collided with a Mazda 3 around 11:45 a.m.
The driver of the Mazda, Michael Eversley, 57, of Lot 9 Charnocks, Christ Church, escaped unhurt.
However, all four occupants in the Toyota were taken to the state-run Queen Elizabeth Hospital, including the driver, 71-year-old Goulbourne Best of #759 Kingsland Terrace, Christ Church, who did not complain of any injuries at the scene but was taken to hospital as a precautionary measure, given his history of heart problems.
His wife Elma Best, also 71, complained of several injuries and had to be assisted out the vehicle following the accident, while the couple’s 35-year-old daughter Julia Best complained of an injury to her right hand. The extent of the injury suffered by 18-month-old Hanan Best was unknown.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App