A 54-year-old St James man is this country’s latest sea fatality.
According to police, Leroy Thompson, of Weston, lost his life after being hit by a speedboat around 10 45 this morning.
Thompson was reportedly spearfishing in an area known as Reed’s Bay, off Weston, St James when the incident occurred.
He was pronounced dead on the scene after Coast Guard officials recovered his body.
The driver of the speedboat is currently assisting police with investigations.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App