The driver of ZR125, 40-year-old Matthew Ricardo Daniel of Licorish Village, My Lord’s Hill, St Michael has been remanded to jail.
He appeared before Magistrate Graveney Bannister in the District ‘C’ traffic court today where he was not required to plead to four charges of furious driving, driving in a manner dangerous to the public, driving without due care and attention and driving without reasonable consideration for other road users.
Daniel who is represented by attorney-at-law Angela Mitchell-Gittens reappears in court on July 9.
On Tuesday 21 passengers were hurt, including 14-year-old Zakiyah Defreitas, whose arms was severed, after the ZR overturned on Nursery Drive, The City.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App