Two Barbadian men were granted bail today after appearing in court on drug charges.
Ricardo McAlester Waldron, 40, of Princess Royal Ave, Pinelands, St Michael pleaded guilty to charges of possession, possession with intent to supply, trafficking, importation and conspiracy to traffic 6.6 pounds of cannabis.
He will return to court on June 28, pending a pre-sentencing report.
Waldron, who arrived by air from Miami, was arrested on June 11, after Customs officials found eight packages of the drugs hidden his suitcase.
Lawmen later arrested, Tito Mardonna O’Neil Barrow, 28, of Bottom Close, Wildey, St Michael, in connection with the same seizure.
He pleaded not guilty to conspiracy to traffic cannabis when he appeared in the District “B” Magistrates’ Court.
He will return to court on August 26, 2015.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App