Minister of the Environment Dr Denis Lowe has challenged Opposition Leader Mia Mottley to produce her legal certificate.
After making his doctoral certificate a document of the House of Assembly a short while ago, he called on Mottley, whose legal certification has been called into question by members of the Government, to do the same.
The embattled Environment Minister, who said he was not in the habit of picking fights for no reason, said he was prepared to fall on his knees and apologize if he had wronged Mottley in any way.
However, “I will defend myself”, said Lowe.
He warned “if she can’t bring it”, she could face either 5,000 or 12 months in jail for practicing law illegally.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App