The Guyana Amazon Warriors were off to a strong start against Barbados Tridents in the first T20 game of the Caribbean Premier League tournament at the Kensington Oval on Saturday.
First to go for the Tridents was Dilshan Munaweera bowled by Veerasammy Permaul for six. Dwayne Smith quickly followed suit. He was run out by Shivnarine Chanderpaul on 13.
However, the Tridents were fighting back with Jonathan Carter quickly settling down at the crease against the slow bowlers.
Barbadian cricket fans have turned out in their numbers to watch the game at the Oval which has a capacity of 28 000.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App