It was all about the pork at Carlton & A1 supermarkets today.
Since 2007, the A1 brand, led by businessman Andrew Bynoe, has become synonymous with “proper pork” and today the company went all out for pork lovers as Saturday, June 20 was declared ‘Proper Pork Day’ at its Black Rock, St Michael and Emerald City, Six Roads, St Philip locations.
Project coordinator Michael Brown told Barbados TODAY the inaugural event was simply “proper” and they were already making plans for next year.
“Mr Bynoe decided this year we would start Proper Pork day and this is being done simultaneously at both locations. We have a range of proper pork dishes, we’ve had celebrity chefs Gregory Austin and Michael Harrison here at Carlton. The feedback has been encouraging. The customers really appreciate it. A lot of sampling of all things pork going on, so it’s been good,” Brown said.
Hundreds of shoppers and curious onlookers passed through the supermarket for samples of various pork products.
There were two whole roast pigs on show, the first of which was gone in two hours. Fresh pork was also offered at a discounted price of 10 per cent.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App