A 24-year-old Surinamese man is to spend the next 18 months in jail here after pleading guilty to drug charges.
Guillamo Gilberto Reingoud appeared at the District ‘B’ Magistrates’ Court yesterday to answer charges of possession, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation of one kilogramme of cocaine.
Reingoud arrived here by air from Trinidad last Saturday and was interviewed by police after clearing Immigration. He was then referred to the hospital where he passed out 86 packages containing the cocaine, which he had ingested.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App