Nine people are now homeless following a house fire on Black Rock, Main Road, St Michael this afternoon.
According to police spokesman David Welch, the blaze, which occurred around 2 p.m. near Danesbury, gutted the four bedroom wooden structure.
Two people, including a one-year-old child, were at home when the fire started.
The Barbados Fire Service was unable to save the structure.
Two nearby houses were slightly damaged.
The dwelling belonged to 71-year-old Aveilla Smith.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App