One woman had to be rushed to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital after the car she was driving struck a utility pole along Villa Road, St Michael.
According to police, the incident happened around 10 a.m this morning. It is reported that she lost control of the vehicle and slammed into the pole.
The pole was split in half.
A few residents in the area have lost electricity due to the accident.
A team from the Barbados Light and Power is currently on the scene trying to restore power to the area.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- Mobile App