Scores of people flocked to the Sugar Bay hotel in Hastings, Christ Church today to purchase items at discounted rates.
From 10 a.m, management of the former Amaryllis hotel opened its gates to dozens of anxiously awaiting buyers who rushed to purchase bath towels, drapes, sinks, bed sheets, curtains, cupboards, fridges and bed sets among other items.
General Manager Sharon Hugh-White told Barbados TODAY that management was satisfied with the smooth running of the day’s proceedings.
She indicated that the items which were not sold would be donated to charities and the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
Sugar Bay is slated to open on November 1.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App