Jamaica Tallawah’s captain Chris Gayle smashed an unbeaten 90 from just 36 balls, to lead his side to a commanding 10-wicket victory over the St Lucia Zouks earlier today in the Hero Caribbean Premier League at Gros Islet, St Lucia.
Chasing a paltry 119 for victory, Gayle blundered nine sixes and six fours during a devastating 36-ball knock to lead the Tallawahs to 121 without loss in just 10 overs and their first victory of the tournament.
So dominant was the towering Jamaican that his opening partner Chadwick Walton, scored just 25 runs in the unbeaten opening run partnership.
Earlier, Krishmar Santokie and South African Rusty Theron each took three wickets to limit the Zouks to 118 for nine from their 20 overs.
Johnson Charles topscored for the Zouks with 29, while Kevin Pieterson made 26 in the Zouks first defeat.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App