Welches Primary School has used its Facebook page to send tributes to a former student who died in a car crash on Friday.
Abijah Holder, 11, was killed while on his way home from his graduation on Friday, when the car he was travelling in overturned on the Tom Adams section of the ABC Highway.
Holder, who would have been attending Queen’s College in September, was remembered in both photos as well as sterling tributes which were posted on the page.
Followers used the opportunity to send condolences to Holder’s family as well as to the school.
The school also changed its Facebook profile picture to one which read ‘R.I.P.’
One of the posts which was published yesterday read: “This morning, it is with great sadness that I publish this post. After having such a wonderful day at graduation, with little to zero glitches, with all smiles all day, we were alas greeted with the very tragic news. One of our own was taken from us. Our smiles quickly turned to tears. Only God has the answers as to why such a tragedy occurred on such a wonderful day. Fly with the angels Abijah!”
Another post by Skylar Prince stated, “This is unimaginable! A bright light has dimmed, a strong effervescent voice has been silenced. Abijah sweetie, Miss Prince will never forget you. Rest in peace, sweet child!”
- VENEZUELA - Soldiers abandon posts at Colombia border
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- Mobile App