Prime Minister Freundel Stuart arrived in Dominica earlier today to a warm welcome from his counterpart Roosevelt Skerrit to get a first hand look at the destruction left behind by Tropical Storm Erika.
Stuart, who is the current chairman of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) is accompanied by the chief of staff of the Barbados defence force, Colonel Alvin Quintyne; and executive director of the Regional Security System (RSS), Grantley Prescod.
Following an aerial and land tour of the affected areas, Mr. Stuart will also take the opportunity to meet with the Barbadian troops assisting with relief efforts in Dominica.
Recent Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App