Zimbabwe’s Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) has called on President Robert Mugabe to step down.
This after the 91-year-old leader read the wrong speech at the opening of a new session of parliament on Tuesday.
The veteran leader read the 25-minute speech through to the end, apparently unaware he was repeating last month’s state-of-the-nation address.
The president’s spokesman apologized for the statement saying that there was a mix up in the secretarial office.
However, the MDC said the blunder showed that the President should not continue as head of state .
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App