One man died and a woman was taken to hospital for treatment following an accident at Cane Gardens Road, St Philip this afternoon.
Police say the two-car collision occurred shortly after midday; the vehicles were travelling in the opposite directions.
The deceased has not been identified but police say the 69-year-old held dual American and Barbadian citizenship.
The 49-year old female driver was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance.
Acting police public relations officer, Station Sergeant Roland Cobbler, called on all motorists to exercise caution on the island’s roads.
Police investigations are ongoing.
Recent Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App