The Kiwanis Club of Bridgetown yesterday held its annual Tea Party, hosted by Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave, at the GG’s, Government Hill, St Michael residence.
The event is now in its second year and was held in collaboration with Senior Citizens Month.
Sir Elliott joined the Kiwanians and patrons for tea, and ended the evening with a meet and greet session with the elderly guests .
The Kiwanis Club of Bridgetown was joined by the members of the Kiwanis Clubs of Central, North and South in this event.
Coordinator of the event, Jennifer Hinkson said the Kiwanis were pleased to do its part in bringing joy to the patients of the Geriatric Hospital.
Kiwanis of Bridgetown and Barbados Central provide support services to the Geriatric Hospital; the Kiwanis of Barbados North support the Gordon Cummins and St. Lucy District Hospitals; and the Kiwanis of Barbados South support the St. Philip District Hospital.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App