Police on Wednesday seized 18, 100 cannabis plants in St Philip and St John.
The plants were discovered in the areas of College Savannah, Cordington College and Consett Bay, St John and Palmers, St. Philip in what police described as a “massive growing operation.”
Another 128 plants were also seized in Caters St John and Rock Hall, St Philip.
No one has been arrested so far.
The cannabis plants some as high as seven feet were found during an eradication programme conducted by the Drug Squad, Tactical Response Unit and the Barbados Defence Force.
Recent Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App