Staff members from a number of local and regional organisations today joined CIBC FirstCaribbean International Bank and the Barbados Cancer Society’s (BCS) Breast Screening Programme for the annual Walk for Cure.
The 5k walk/run, which aims to raise awareness of Breast Cancer, started at the CIBC FirstCaribbean Headquarters at Warrens, along the highway to the Hothersal roundabout, and ended in the Dome Mall car park.
Participants in the 10k run travelled from the bank’s headquarters onto the Norman Niles (Harris Paints) roundabout before returning to the Dome Mall car park.
Last year’s event raised BDS $72,000 for the Breast Screening Unit of the Barbados Cancer Society.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App