A 36-year-old man from St Andrew is nursing two gunshot wounds to his lower abdomen following an incident in Jackson, St Michael yesterday afternoon around 4:00.
According to police, preliminary investigations revealed that Andy Lynch was visiting relatives in the Jackson area when he got involved in an altercation with two men.
He was subsequently shot by one of the men and was rushed to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) by a private vehicle where he is being treated for his injuries.
Police are asking anyone with information related to the island’s latest shooting to contact Police Emergency at 211, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIPS (8477) or the nearest police station.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App