Police today launched a fresh appeal to the public for information on the whereabouts of missing teenager, Emela John.
John was reported missing last Sunday. Police say she left her home on Wednesday October 7 between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. and has not been seen since.
Today her mother, Trudy Lawrence, organised a search party in the Kingsland Park, Christ Church area, where John recently moved. Police also visited the house she lived in before her disappearance in the hope of finding information that could lead to her location.
Lawrence said she has also turned to social media sites such as Facebook to try to find her daughter, but so far her efforts have been in vain.
“She has so much (sic) friends, I don’t know who is who,” the St James resident said.
She also told Barbados TODAY she is worried about the welfare of her asthmatic daughter, and was unable to sleep as “all I doing is studying it all the time”.
Emela John turns 19 on November 16th and an anxious Lawrence said she just wants her daughter to return home.
“I want her home and if she is not feeling well just come home and we can move from there. Whatever it is or whoever she is scared of, just come home,” Lawrence said.
She also visited the open stores at Golden Plaza in Montrose Christ Church, showing her daughters picture in the hope that someone would recognise her and provide some information on her whereabouts. (KK)
Recent Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App