Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding an early morning accident which claimed the life of 24-year-old Suleman Ekalvava.
Ekalvava, of George Street, Belleville, St Michael was involved in a crash around 12:55 along the west bound lanes of the Barrow Section of the ABC Highway between the Clyde Walcott and Everton Weeks roundabouts.
According to reports, Ekalvava, the driver of the motorcycle, lost control and struck a barrier. He died on the spot.
Investigations led to the closure of that section of the highway, but it has since been reopened.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- Mobile App