An autopsy conducted by a Jamaican forensic pathologist has concluded that 75-year-old Marcelle Smith died as a result of strangulation, acting Police Commissioner Livingston Eversley has revealed.
Eversley told Barbados TODAY, the autopsy gave no indication that she was sexually assaulted.
Smith of Farm Road, St Philip went missing three weeks ago.
Her car was found abandoned at Chelston Park, Culloden Road on October 18.
Six days later, her decomposed body was recovered from a ravine at Halton, St Philip.
Cheriss Ricardo Omar Ince of Nursery #2, Four Roads, St Philip has since been charged with the theft of her car and is currently on remand at Dodds.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App