Source: Associated Press
Paris police say at least 60 people are dead and hostages have been taken in what appears to be a co-ordinated attack across the French capital.
Within minutes tonight, there was a mass shooting outside a restaurant, at least one explosion outside a soccer stadium and a shooting and hostage taking at a music venue, according to police.
Police confirmed the shooting near Le Carillon restaurant in the 10th arrondisement.
Meanwhile, two explosions were heard near the Stade de France, the country’s national football stadium, while a France-Germany friendly football match was going on inside.
An official in President Francois Hollande’s office told The Associated Press the French president had left the stadium to meet with top security officials in the Interior Ministry.
Local media have reported that police believe the explosions were created by hand grenades.
Police said dozens of hostages were taken at the Bataclan concert hall on Boulevard Voltaire, where an Eagles of Death Metal concert was scheduled.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App