A Jamaican woman will have to pay a fine of $50,000 forthwith or spend the next two years in prison here, following her conviction today on drug charges.
Donnarie Hibbert, 43, appeared at the Oistins Magistrates Court where she pleaded guilty to possession; possession with intent to supply; trafficking; and importation of two kilogrammes of cannabis.
Hibbert arrived by air from Jamaica on Thursday. After a police dog raised an alarm about her luggage, she was referred to Customs where four packages containing the illegal drugs were discovered.
She was therefore arrested and charged by members of the Drug Squad.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App