An elderly man is the island’s latest road fatality.
Norman Foster, 71, of Boscobelle, St Peter passed away in the wee hours of this morning after succumbing to injuries he sustained in an accident yesterday.
Foster, who was a pedestrian at the time, was struck when a motorcar driven by Marlene Spencer-Corbin, 70, of Heywoods, St Peter collided with a motor van owned by Victor Headley, 51, of Maynards Development, St Peter around 3.10 pm yesterday at Goddings Alley, Speightstown, St Peter.
Foster was transported to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) after sustaining head and other injuries to his body, but subsequently died after undergoing surgery.
Headley complained of pains about his body and was also transported to the QEH, while Ms. Spencer-Corbin sought private medical attention after complaining of pain to her left arm.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App