Over the past few months, a bitter internal dispute in Christ Church West has pitted Dr Maria Agard against the executive of her branch.
However, as Dr Agard prepared to face the party’s National Council to answer nine disciplinary charges this evening, it appeared that she was not the only BLP MP to whom some party supporters wished to send a strong message.
Below, in an obvious reference to St Andrew MP George Payne, who earlier this month sought to warn BLP leader Mia Mottley to be careful how she handles the Dr Agard affair, or face serious consequences, this sign from a Mottley supporter says it all.
The impasse has so divided the Opposition party that there has talk of a second ousting of Mottley, who was last removed as leader of the party in 2010. Dr Agard, also faces possible expulsion over her public mouthings in the midst of the controversy surrounding her representation.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App