Unfair and downright lawlessness!
That’s how attorney-at-law Hal Gollop, QC, tonight described efforts by the Barbados Labour Party’s National Council to discipline his client Dr Maria Agard.
Dr Agard, the embattled MP for Christ Church West, went into the 5 p.m. meeting with her legal team, which also included attorney Lynette Eastmond.
An hour and 45 minutes into the meeting, they staged a walk out of the talks.
Calling the tribunal “unfair”, Gollop contended that the same people who brought the charges against Dr Agard were also sitting on the disciplinary panel.
Opposition Leader Mia Mottley and other members of the National Council, including General Secretary Dr Jerome Walcott, are yet to emerge from party headquarters.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App