Embattled MP for Christ Church West Dr Maria Agard has confirmed that she will challenge her expulsion from the Opposition Barbados Labour Party (BLP).
Dr Agard’s attorney Hal Gollop told a news conference this morning that he has written to the party, giving it seven days to overturn the November 22 decision, or the matter will be taken to court.
Dr Agard told reporters she was expelled for daring to be different and speaking out against “bullying leadership”
She also said she was targeted because she challenged the political leader, Mia Mottley, who is not accustomed to being told she is wrong.
Dr Agard claimed her dismissal from the BLP was not based on the nine charges laid against her, but on accusations of poor representation, which were not among those formally listed.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App