Minister of Finance Chris Sinckler today announced that legislation aimed at increasing the Value Added Tax (VAT) on mobile services will be tabled in Parliament next Tuesday.
The legislation would see the tax on voice, data and text messaging moving from 17 .5 per cent to 22 per cent in January 2016.
Sinckler also disclosed that meetings will be held this week with officials from telecommunications companies to work out the technical details.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App