Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave continued his annual Christmas visits to the island’s health care institutions today with a visit to the Psychiatric Hospital, Black Rock Main Road, St Michael.
Sir Elliott and his entourage were met on arrival by Acting Director David Leacock who later invited him to enjoy a concert put on by patients and staff of that mental institution.
During the 30-minute concert, the Governor General was treated to the singing of Christmas carols and poetry readings by patients.
Yesterday morning, Sir Elliott visited the Geriatric Hospital on Beckles Road, St Michael for a tour led by hospital manager Joanell Oxley-Worrell.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App