by Morissa Lindsay
Barbados are once again the kings of junior volleyball in the region after defeating rivals Trinidad and Tobago in straight sets to retain their title at the 10th Caribbean Junior Volleyball Championship which wrapped up this evening at the Wildey Gymnasium.
The home lads delivered big when they won tonight’s final 25-15, 25-19 and 25-22 over the Trinidadians.
Barbados’ girls also featured in the finals but could not pull off the gold medal win against Haiti who made history by winning the championship for the first time. Haiti won in straight sets 25-15, 25-8 and 25-19 to defeat the host.
- Local News
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App