Minister of Education Ronald Jones had to part with $1 000 on Tuesday after he appeared in the District ‘B’ Magistrates Court on two traffic offences.
Jones’ traffic violations came about after police were summoned to the scene of an accident, which occurred at Lowlands Junction, Christ Church earlier this year.
After pleading guilty to driving without due care and attention, Magistrate Laurie-Ann Smith-Bovell hit Jones with a $750 forthwith fine and a further $250 forthwith for having an expired driver’s licence. The fines were paid.
Sergeant Martin Rock prosecuted the matter.
- Local News
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App