Christmas has come early for residents in St Michael North West.
Today, the constituency’s representative Chris Sinckler dispatched four trucks laden with produce and household items for 450 families.
Sinckler, who is also this country’s Minister of Finance, said the initiative caps a full year of community outreach programming for the upliftment of the area.
“This is the last of our events for the year. Last week we had our annual Christmas party, which was a tremendous success, we had the Battle of the West schools’ quiz, we had the Lawson Weekes Scholarship Programme, we had the scenic bus ride for our seniors . . . and today we are giving out 450 food hampers to members of the community,” he said.
Today, the hampers were packed and distributed from the Stephen’s Nursery in Black Rock, St Michael.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App