The case brought by former Barbados Labour Party (BLP) member Dr Maria Agard against the Opposition party has been adjourned until next year.
This morning the matter came up in chamber in court No. 11 of the Supreme Court before Justice Olson Alleyne and after just 30 minutes of hearing it was adjourned until April 7, 2016 .
Dr Agard’s lawyer Hal Gollop, who is being assisted by Lynette Eastmond, told members of the media the defendants had asked for an adjournment to “put their house in order”.
Shortly after, the BLP’s team of Mia Mottley and Queen’s Counsels Roger Forde and Leslie Haynes exited the building.
When pressed for a comment on the matter, Mottley would only say “you argue a case once in court. When that chance comes our lawyers will argue it in court.”
Forde then added, “serious lawyers don’t argue their cases in the Press”.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App