It was a virtually incident-free Christmas in Barbados.
According to police public relations officer Acting Assistant Superintendent David Welch, apart from a shooting which occurred on Christmas Day, there were no other major incidents reported.
Ricardo Gibbons, 29, of Lower Carlton, St James received multiple gunshot wounds to his chest and hip around midday, while in the neighbourhood.
He remains at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in serious, but stable condition.
Welch told Barbados TODAY that while police responded to their usual calls to service, there was nothing else to report.
“The shooting at Lower Carlton was the only real major incident to occur over the Christmas holidays. It has been pretty much incident free in terms of serious crime,” he stated.
“Of course we responded to calls regarding accidents and so forth, but none of them were serious incidents.”
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App