An elderly woman and a child had to be rescued from a burning house in Peterkins Garden, Bank Hall, St Michael just after 4 p.m. this afternoon.
They were rescued by fire officers who had to force their way into the three-bedroom wall structure, which was partially damaged by the fire.
They were taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance for treatment for smoke inhalation. (FW)
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App