A police constable was shot during a drug bust at Storey Gap, St Michael this morning.
Acting Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) David Welch reported that the officer, whose identity is being withheld at this time, is currently being treated at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH).
His condition is unclear.
However, ASP Welch said the constable was shot when the Drug Squad was conducting exercise in the area when they encountered some cannabis plants and gun fire.
Police are currently on the scene searching for the perpetrators.
The plants are also being reaped.
More details as they come to hand.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App