Police have made a significant breakthrough with investigations into yesterday’s shooting of a police constable and illegal drug find.
According to a release from Public Relations Officer Acting Assistant Superintendent David Welch, a number of men are in custody assisting with both investigations.
A police officer remains in stable condition at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital after being shot in the arm while carrying out a drug eradication exercise around 9 a.m. yesterday at Storey Gap, Codrington, St Michael.
During the raid police also seized 5,789 cannabis plants, some up to six feet tall.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App