Police are so far reporting seven road accidents between Old Year’s night and New Year’s morning.
The most serious of these occurred at 11:15 p.m. along the Barrow section of the ABC Highway between the Garfield Sobers and Graeme Hall roundabouts.
A silver Toyota vehicle, driven by 20-year-old Gabriella Niles of Breezy Hill, St Philip, overturned, resulting in the severing of her right hand. Niles remains hospitalised while her two passengers complained of minor pains. One was treated at the hospital and discharged.
Suggesting that the accident figure may be higher, Police Public Relations Officer Assistant Superintendent David Welch this morning restated his appeal to motorists to exercise due care and attention when traversing the island’s roads.
Recent Local News
- Nishal's plight a wake-up call to parents
- Central Bank opens debt exchange forum on Monday
- Weather Update: Tropical Depression #11 and Tropical Storm Kirk
- Statement from the DLP on the passing of Evelyn Greaves
- Evelyn Greaves an example of dedication and commitment - PM Mottley
- Barbadian diplomat Evelyn Greaves has died
- Mobile App