A number of men who have been in custody since last Thursday in connection with investigations into a drug bust and shooting of a police officer are expected to be charged sometime today.
Barbados TODAY understands that the men are currently being processed at Central Police Station and charges should be laid soon.
During the drug raid on Wednesday at Storey Gap, Codrington, St Michael, a police officer was hospitalized after being shot in the arm.
Up to yesterday, he was still a patient of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
The police also seized 5,789 cannabis plants, some up to six feet tall.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- Mobile App