Trevor Agard, 53, has been formally charged with robbery, wounding, assault and occasioning actual bodily harm to two female British tourists on Monday night.
The incident occurred on the Richard Haynes Board walk, Hastings, Christ Chuch around 8.45 p.m. However, Agard of no fix place of abode was apprehended following the assistance of several members of the public.
The stolen item – a handbag and its contents were recovered.
Agard appeared in the District “A” Magistrates Court this morning.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- Mobile App