Twelve people were left homeless after a fire destroyed one house and damaged another at Water Street, Christ Church yesterday morning.
According to reports, a grass fire which started around 10:30 spread to the nearby houses.
Two fire tenders and seven officer responded to the fire.
Two of the occupants of the house which was completely destroyed, Rosemary Smith and Shadia Moore were out shopping when they received the dreaded news.
Five children are among the homeless.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App