Police have arrested and charged wanted man Jeevad Griffith of Harrisons Tenantry Road, Crab Hill, St Lucy with three serious offences.
These are wounding with intent, use of a firearm and assault with a firearm.
Griffith was the subject of a wanted notice in December 2015.
The charges stem from the December 12 shooting of Dexter Lashley at Crab Hill, St Lucy and the assault of another man in a separate incident on the same date in the same community.
Griffith appeared at the Holetown/District E Magistrates Court today and was remanded to prison. He is due to reappear in court on February 1.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App