There was a small turnout at the start of the Errol Barrow Day Trident Run this afternoon as it got underway at Independence Square,The City.
The runners assembled at foot of the Errol Barrow statue where Minister of Sports Stephen Lashley led off the runners before passing the Broken Trident to Olympian Jim Weddurburn who then led the runners up Bay Street onto the Garrison.
More persons are expected to join the run along the route, which will end at The Glebe Pasture.
(more to come)
Recent Local News
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App