There was a small turnout at the start of the Errol Barrow Day Trident Run this afternoon as it got underway at Independence Square,The City.
The runners assembled at foot of the Errol Barrow statue where Minister of Sports Stephen Lashley led off the runners before passing the Broken Trident to Olympian Jim Weddurburn who then led the runners up Bay Street onto the Garrison.
More persons are expected to join the run along the route, which will end at The Glebe Pasture.
(more to come)
- Local News
- Tremor jolts Jamaica
- GUYANA - Baby dies after brother feeds him rat poison
- THE BAHAMAS - No ‘rest’ for killer
- REGIONAL - Aide-de-camp to Bahamas’ GG gunned down in front of daughter
- REGIONAL - Counsellor says one suicide committed every week in Jamaica
- JAMAICA - Family, teachers, classmates mourn teen
- Mobile App