St George’s Kim Holder and Christ Church’s Ezekial Ward easily retained their respective titles when the finals of the National Sports Council Sports in the Community Road Tennis Tournament served off at the Wildey Gymnasium last night.
St James’ duo of Dario Hinds and Dwayne Lynch were also in winners row, as they brushed aside the St Michael team of Dwayne Branch and Anthony Haynes to claim their first ever ‘B’ class title.
Holder defended her ladies title with a comfortable 21-13, 21-18 win over St James’ Sheldene Walrond, while Ward, a student at Deighton Griffith, stopped a determined Kajay Sealy of St Philip, 21-18, 21-14 to win his second consecutive Under-15 title.
In the ‘B’ class finals, Hinds dismissed Branch 21-19, 21-12, before his teammate Lynch put the issue to rest with a 21-9, 21-15 demolishing of Anthony Haynes.
The competition concludes tonight with the veterans, Under-21 and ‘A’ class finals.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App